The Office of Academic Advising provides individualized academic advising services for all students at NCU. Whether a graduate or undergraduate, each student is assigned an academic advisor who serves as the student’s primary contact for any questions pertaining to academic life at NCU. As advisors, we seek to build relationships with our students so we can meet them where they are at. Our goal is to provide support and mentorship in a proactive, collaborative way. We encourage students to check in with their academic advisor regularly, connect with faculty and other resources on campus, and take ownership of their academic progress.
Here are some of the ways students can maximize their partnership with their academic advisor.
Advisors Commit To
- Provide a safe and respectful space to ask questions, discuss interests, and express concerns.
- Understand and effectively communicate degree & program requirements and institutional policies & procedures.
- Empower students to make informed decisions regarding courses, majors, minors, and other curricular opportunities.
- Refer students to relevant resources both on and off campus.
Advisors Expect Student To
- Check campus email account regularly, the official form of communication at NCU.
- Embrace and take ownership of goals, decisions, and actions.
- Maintain open and respectful communication.
- Prepare for appointments with questions, discussion topics, or courses for registration.
- Become familiar with University programs, policies, and procedures.